Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nathaniel Smith, Arrhythmia



This review is for Nathaniel Smith's Arrhythmia CD, written by Ceci Redmann Whitehurst.
Ceci's Rating for Arrhythmia: 5 out of 5 stars

Amazing Talent -
I have been listening to this CD in my car for days. I don't want to listen to anything else. It makes my drive to work and anywhere else so enjoyable and relaxing. I'm amazed at the talent of this young composer.
His songs are beautiful and hypnotizing --not like space music can do to me, but by transporting me to a higher more heavenly state. I keep thinking I know which song is my favorite, then another one starts, and I think "No, THAT'S my favorite", then another song comes on...
The songs are truly original and contemporary, but with the artistic genius of the great classical composers. So, even though you may not know me from Eve, trust me..YOU NEED THIS CD. In the liner notes Nathaniel thanks "everyone for listening". But he deserves the thanks for sharing his incredible talent. I can't wait to see what else he gives us.

To hear “Nat the Cat”: www.cdbaby.com/cd/nathanielsmithjazz2
POSSIBLY my favorite song on the album is “Let’s (Waltz)”



No comments: