Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Queens Of The Stone Age

New CD Cover for Queens Of The Stone Age "Censored".

Original Front Cover Artwork.



Notice, if you can, the cool song title right in the middle of this CD insert scan.


Original Back Cover from 1998.



New Back Cover from 2011. Notice the UFO in the upper right.


I believe this is The Queens Of The Stone Age's 1st release. I picked this up after not being able to find the Ozzy Tribute CD in a couple of diff stores. Q.O.T.S.A. is a band that derived from Kyuss, and the singer/guitarist recently recorded with Them Crooked Vultures. The kind of music on this CD can be called "stoner metal" or "alternative metal", at least that's what the music is being categorized as these days by the media. I first heard this CD being blasted on a t-shirt factory loud speaker system back in the 90's, a system that actually caught on fire while Def Leppard's Pyromania was being played, I'll never, ever forget that memory!

I want to thank Jason for turning me on to this great band way back then. Along with the CD cover being unforgetable the music is heavy, loud and aggressive...right up my alley.

Anyway, the original CD art was Censored and I've posted the original CD art along with the new CD art. Being a fan of Q.O.T.S.A. I couldn't resist posting this artwork, not only because it's cool and sexy but the music is cool, sexy and kick ass. Q.O.T.S.A. is alternative metal at it's very best.

No comments: